The American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado (ACEC Colorado) Engineering Excellence Awards (EEA) program annually recognizes consulting engineering firms for projects that demonstrate an exceptional degree of innovation, complexity, achievement and value. For more than 50 years, Colorado firms have entered their most innovative projects and studies into this competition. Although the ACEC Colorado EEA program generally follows entry guidelines established for the ACEC National EEA program, ACEC Colorado rules are different; therefore, please review ACEC Colorado Official Rules thoroughly.Projects being entered must be substantially completed and ready for use from Nov. 1, 2016 – Sept. 17, 2018. Your firm's ACEC Colorado Intent-to Enter Form with non-refundable payment* is due by July 27, 2018. For more information, click here.
- June 29 Deadline to Receive Early Bird Discounted Intent-To-Enter Form Rate (available to members only; due at midnight)
- July 27 Deadline to Complete Online Intent-to-Enter Form With Payment*
- Aug. 20 Deadline to Submit Online Required Material & Optional Reference Material
- Aug. 27 Deadline to Deliver Project Board to ACEC Colorado Office (due by noon)
- Sept. 8 Filming of Project Manager(s)/Principal(s)
- September Judging
- Oct. 19 Deadline for Names of Firm Representative(s) and Client(s)/Owner(s) Accepting Award at Luncheon
- Nov. 5 Luncheon & Awards Program (Warwick Hotel, Denver)
- Jan. 4 Deadline to Submit to ACEC National Competition (if referred from ACEC Colorado competition)
- Jan. 16 Firm Representative Available by Phone for ACEC National Interview
- Feb. 6-10 ACEC National Judging
- May 7 ACEC National EEA Dinner and Gala Awards Program (Washington, D.C.)
If you received a Priority Code for attending the "How-To-Enter Workshop" on June 14, you must enter it at time of payment. The Priority Code is valid for each project entry. Discounts are not transferable and are not refundable if Priority Code is not entered at time of payment. (Priority Code may not be used in combination with the members-only Early Bird Rate or any other discount; therefore, the Priority Code will not be active for use until after June 29 and is valid through July 27.)
Intent-To-Enter Form fees are not refundable.
*Payment is required at time of completing the Intent-to-Enter Form; ACEC Colorado accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card. Checks are also accepted; however, payment must be sent in advance to ACEC Colorado. Please call the ACEC Colorado office before attempting to complete the Intent-to-Enter Form, as a staff member will need to assist you.